Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"THERE IS NO PROGRESS. THINGS START GREAT, THEN GET CRUMMIER AND CRUMMIER." – HEIDEGGER (ABBRIDGED)

The morning of the 17th, around 10 AM, I woke up and immediately pulled my laptop off my nightstand. I breezed through my morning internet rounds (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Newser, Ezra Klein's Wonkblog, Nympho Ninjas [NSFW], Questionable Content and Mangareader) with a general sense of well-being from having finally gotten my mandatory one smug rant about music out of my system. I look forward to never thinking that hard about what I listen to again. 

I followed one link to another to a Youtube video about the contraception "debate." I scrolled through the comments with increasing distaste as the dialogue moved almost instantly to indiscriminate gender war. I spent nearly an hour writing about this phenomenon before I came upon this comic from 2010 which basically sums it all up for me.



Oh well.


Tunes tonight: "Climax" by Usher sounds so much like a The Weeknd song that he should be a little embarrassed for himself. It is catchy, though.

1 comment:

  1. Meh, I didn't really like Climax. Also, the comic is unreadable the way you posted it, why not just link to the page it's on?

    ReplyDelete