Monday, August 22, 2011

DON'T SLEEP WITH SCIENCE

I had a dream last night that I was trapped in a hadron collider facility with a handful (minus a finger or two) of white men who were trying to kill me.

Finding no other weapon at hand, I snatched up the experimental Heisenberg Uncertainty Gun and ambushed my attackers. The gun sprayed like a super-soaker a torrent of large (maybe one inch-by-one inch) blurry pixels which clung to any surface they touched. I nailed them all, but in my delirious celebration I spilled a few of the pixels over my left hand.

Things got bad from there. As I quickly discovered, the pixels only existed on my hand while being observed. Anything that my hand touched while observed would lend its color (so obviously its essence) to the pixels, Photoshopping it permanently and very painfully to my hand. So long as no one looked, I could use the hand as normal, but the pain would not go away. Every time anyone looked, fresh swatches of color--of the lamp, of the air, of my face--were blurrily affixed to it forever.

When I finally awoke the pain stayed with me fading slowly over half an hour.I rubbed and rubbed until it went away and I could sleep again.

Dream with me at your own risk.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a problem the Doctor would have. Too bad you couldn't just grow a new one! In fact, your dream sounds like I should have had it, combining my two recent obsessions, Doctor and Photoshop.
    First day of work today, I'm almost prepared to have my soul crushed...

    ReplyDelete