Tuesday, October 18, 2011

GOLDEN AGE



Take it from Amanda: we have reached a weird age.


I’ve been settling into life in St. Louis with the girlfriend. As it turns out, taking a month off of work while supporting a social life in three cities is a major financial risk at #thisage. The month of September was rewarding in more ways that I can describe. However, an abundance of available freelance work upon my return to normalcy was not part of the benefits package. As a result, the girlfriend has been footing my share of the bills more often than we would like.


Every weekday, she jumps out of bed at the crack of dawn, assembles a stunning work power-outfit, kisses me goodbye and drives off to the office. An hour or so later, I crawl reluctantly out from udner the covers, shimmy into some worn jeans and a sweatshirt I’ve owned since college, make some lunch, clean the living room or do the week’s dishes, play with the cat, commit us to some social engagements, and ask the girlfriend what time she’s getting home so I can get started on dinner.

 Is "housewife" a controversial term?



Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans (Penguin Prison Remix) by Penguin Prison

No comments:

Post a Comment